It's the trip of a lifetime, and this blog is bringing you with me.

Friday, May 28, 2010

BARBRI is awesome.

Hello, and welcome to my very first blog post! I am setting up this blog as a way to chronicle my post-bar trip that I am taking with a great friend from law school, Nathan. Nathan and I started law school in the same small section, took many of the same classes, and plan to practice in the same field of law in offices that are a block away from each other in Silicon Valley. So, lacking other opportunities to get to know each other, we thought it would only be appropriate to spend the better part of six weeks exploring a continent together right after the bar exam.

The purpose of "The Euro in 2010" is twofold. First, it will serve as a way to share the trip with our friends and family and, in a way, allow them to experience it along with us. Second, it will serve as a journal of sorts--a place for me to solidify memories and crystallize my thoughts on all that I will see and learn along the way. I have been wanting to do this trip for a very long time, so I am really excited to be just under three months away from embarking, and it is very cool to see plans taking shape.

I bought my pack this week, so the only things in between us and Europe are:
  • Several thousand miles
  • The California State Bar Examination
  • Plane tickets
  • Eurorail passes, and
  • Many, many hostel reservations

All of your thoughts and comments will be welcome both now and all along the way, and I plan to start posting regularly soon after the bar exam. We have an amazing, ambitious itinerary in mind, and I hope you enjoy following along!

Best,
Reed

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Excited for your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No posts for two whole weeks? Updated please!!
    : 0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm studying for the California bar exam! If I start posting too much before July 30, you should be worried.

    ReplyDelete